Subject: Re: Dyslexic pmax mono?????
To: Andy Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/21/2000 12:22:29
> > >But, after the kernel was booted, the machine became dyslexic.  The
> > >characters were positioned correctly, but the font was 180 degrees
> > >reversed front to back around the vertical axis.

Perhaps I did not explain it visually well enough.

Write some printed letters like EAT on a piece of paper.

Cut out the characters and put them on a backlit table.

Now, flip the characters over so the backside is up and the letters read
something like:

     ********               *               ***********
            *              * *                   *
            *             *   *                  *
     ********            *******                 *

Notice how the E is reversed around the vertical axis 180 degrees.

The characters are positioned properly, but flipped,

That is the best I can describe it.

On booting, the prom, first and second stage boots do fine with
their characters, but once the kernel come up, it does the dyslexic
thing.

Bob