Subject: Re: how to boot a netbsd.old kernel?
To: Chris Tribo <talon16m@hotmail.com>
From: Anders Andersson <anders@sanyusan.se>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/21/2000 08:51:58
On Tor, Jan 20, 2000 at 04:10:32pm -0500, Chris Tribo wrote:
> on 1/20/00 10:41 AM, Anders Andersson at anders@sanyusan.se wrote:
>
> > I made a new -CURRENT kernel and rebooted my -CURRENT box as of Jan 5th.
> > It will boot fine with the new kernel but I cant login, neither with ssh
> > or on the serial console. It doesnt even answer on ping.
> >
> > How can I boot the netbsd.old kernel? This DECstation 5000/125 only got
> > a serial console. I tried to press space during boot (as it works on
> > i386) but that doesnt give me a "boot" prompt.
>
>     If your quick enough, you might be able to stop it before it loads the
> secondary booter. In your case, I think you can hit Control-Alt-Return to
> dump you to the >> then type setenv haltaction h, then type rst and hit
> return. Now you should be able to type boot 3/rzx/netbsd.old -s (for single
> user)

It doesnt stop, I have tried several times now. Control-Alt-Return wont
drop me to '>>' at any time it seems. I've also tried Control-C but no
impact.

I guess I will have to do it the "bad" way bye removing the harddisk.

--
Anders Andersson		anders@sanyusan.se
Sanyusan International AB	http://www.sanyusan.se/