Subject: Re: X
To: Koronczay David <fu@draconis.csoma.elte.hu>
From: Andy Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/16/2000 13:45:37
On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Koronczay David wrote:

> Problem is that i want to change keyboard layout
> but can't find the file in
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb that X uses, if it reads any of those
> at all.

I've never had do to this, but I think xmodmap(1) or xkbcomp(1) might be
useful. Someone else probably has better info.

> I don't even have an /etc/XF86Config file,
> which is very surprising.
[...]
> Is this an unmodified X by X consortium at all?

While it uses the XFree86 source tree, the X server in NetBSD/pmax doesn't
use any of the XFree86 hardware-dependant goo - it sits right on top of
DDX, so that configuration file is totaly foreign to the server.

> version number:    11.0
> vendor string:    X Consortium
> vendor release number:    6300

Hmm. Vendor string should probably be changed to "The NetBSD Foundation".