Subject: Re: troubles with DECstation 5000/240
To: Ulrich Teichert <ut@netsurf.de>
From: Richard Mattner <richard.mattner@surfeu.at>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/15/2000 22:39:04
Hi Ulrich

> This only means that you have neither a keyboard nor a mouse attached
> to the system. My 5k/240 reports the same and boots just fine afterward=
s.
> Try a harder self test by:
> =

> setenv testaction t
> =

> and reboot. Be patient - it will not only scan all memory, it will test=

> all of it about 5 times in a row, etc. etc.

Well, I was patient many times before, and as a result I always got a a p=
rompt AND a reaction to my input...

At the end (?) I tried a harder RESET: double switching on/off a few time=
s - now everything works fine again :-) NetBSD is coming up without any p=
roblems :-)))

As everything is runnng without any problems I've to change something... =
do you have an idea where to get an ethernet adapter for port at the back=
side (right hand) ? I only remember that there was something... only a fe=
w years ago :-)

=2E..and then there is a PMAG-E (loads of memory on it) and a VT??? monit=
or

thanx,
 Ritchie