Subject: Re: Any HD size limitations on boot disk?
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Lord Isildur <isildur@guild.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/11/2000 10:22:10
heres one thought: a small tmp to many people is useless. Personally i
keep a reasonably sized disk set aside for tmp. Anything les than a few
hundred megs will be problematic. Many people use things that generate
huge, short-lived stuff in tmp. its not like you can mount three different
filesystems for tmp, and using a small mfs shoudl certainly not be the
default!!! default should be the _simplest_ common denominator of all
configurations! it is up to the user to customize it! (user in this case i
hope is someone more technically versed than the rest of the world!)
unless someone has hundreds of megs of physical core, i dont think (aside
from specific occasions) it woudl be too great to have an mfs tmp, because
of the orderof magnitude difference in size it would typically have  from
disks..

just some comments,
isildur