Subject: My Dec is crashing?
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mauricio Tavares <Mauricio@proedint.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/11/2000 09:32:37
	This last week I have been experiencing a rather interesting problem.
When I come to work in the morning, I try to access my dec 5000/20 (1.4.1)
and nothing.  So, I run ttermpro and select the serial line, so i can go to
console, and this is what I am getting:

Bad character
?
db>

That to me makes me feel the machine got into a core dump or something
during the night.  As soon as I reboot the machine, all goes well
throughout the day.  Then, in the next day I find the very same problem.
What could be causing such behavior?  I had samba (not really configured),
apache, and netatalk (configured to fit my needs).  Right now, I commented
out the lines in rc.local that run samba just to see if it may be th
esource of problems, but it really does not make sense.