Subject: Re: which TERM for high comfort
To: Martin Stark <Martin.Stark@rz-online.de>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/07/2000 11:48:48
> > If you are using the -current snapshot, "rcons" is what you want.
> > For 1.4.1 and the 1.4.2 release, "sun" should work.
>
> Using the 1.4.1 I tried rcons: no terminal of that type...
> But: sun works fine!

Thinking out loud..... is there some way to get the login to determine
which termcap entry to use as a default if logging in on the system
console?  Maybe, default to rcons if on the system console and default
to vt100 (as an example since that is rather commonly used) if on the
network or serial lines?

That way at least a stab at determing the correct termcap entry or a
suggestion to that end might be made in the login lines, so that it
would be intuitively obvious to newbies or forgetful folks, like me.

Would that make any sense or have any value?

Bob