Subject: Re: web browsing?
To: Stanislaw Grygiel <stach@ee.pdx.edu>
From: Koronczay David <fu@draconis.csoma.elte.hu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/05/2000 21:11:01
On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Stanislaw Grygiel wrote:

>If you communicate with the outside world through the serial port (modem)
>there is no way (I think) to get it faster with graphical interface.
>The maximum speed of the serial port on pmax is 9600.
>I would recommend lynx (not graphical).

the problem is not with bandwith. (right now i
run netscape on a close linux box and pipe it
through to myself, and it's o.k.)
(on the other hand: if bandwidth was the problem,
it didn't matter, what the client was)
mozilla simply runs awfully slow
on my decstations. i hoped that maybe an earlier version
of netscape, or something else would run faster.

>Stan

fu