Subject: Re: Mouse/keyboard ports on DECsystem
To: Philip Tait <Philip.Tait@phxase.allied.com>
From: Chris Tribo <talon16m@hotmail.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/04/2000 20:42:26
on 1/4/00 6:23 PM, Philip Tait at Philip.Tait@phxase.allied.com wrote:

> Here's my situation:  I'm using the mouse port on a DS5000/200 to
> read/write to an instrument.  This has been working for years with
> OpenBSD/pmax 2.5, but, prompted by Y2K, I upgraded to NetBSD/pmax
> 1.4.1.  I found that I could output characters on the port, but input
> characters were not received.
>
> Suspecting that this was something to do with the framebuffer support in
> the kernel, I tried building a kernel without:
>
> pseudo-device rasterconsole    1      # NB: raster console requires "fb"
>
> pseudo-device fb               1      # up to 3 framebuffers

    I think you can get away with the above make if you comment out all the
TurboChannel frame buffer definitions further up in the makefile. Beyond
that, what does your /etc/ttys look like? I don't think getty will listen to
the serial ports unless they are defined in ttys, admittedly I've never
tried what you are doing before. In the event the above doesn't get you
anywhere, perhaps NetBSD is looking for modem control signals? i.e. DTR,
DSR, XON/XOFF, RTS/CTS?

    Chris