Subject: Re: Q-Bus IDE controllers.
To: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/04/2000 18:39:28
On Tue, 04 Jan 2000, Brian D Chase wrote:
>Also, are there are any EE/digital circuit wizards out there who want to
>take a look at reimplementing the logic using commodity FPGAs?  At least
>one person has offered assistance in creating FPGAs to consolidate the
>design.  I'd have figured that such an option would be too pricey for a
>small project like this, but maybe that's not the case these days :-)

  Xilinx chips might be cool for something like this...You connect them to an
EPROM and they "boot" their gate configuration at powerup.  Reprogramming them
is as simple as reprogramming the EPROM.  They've been around for quite a few
years now; lower-end ones should be relatively cheap by now.

              -Dave McGuire