Subject: Re: What monitors work on 5000/200 box?
To: Chris Tribo <talon16m@hotmail.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/04/2000 12:57:55
On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Chris Tribo wrote:

>     Sure thing, I'll start putting some stuff together. When I have
> something put together I'll post the URL for ppl to check its technical
> accuracy :-) I can scan in some pictures of some of my DEC stuff 5000/240,
> 5000/200, RAM chips, Prestoserve card, PMAG-C, PMAGB-BA, PMAG-A, VS
> 3100/m30, keyboards, mice, etc. Basically anything that I have, I can get up
> on the page. I'll need help with the Alpha and VAX parts, I know a little
> VAXspeak, but I'm way behind on Alpha. (Don't own one)
>
>     My current plan would go something like this:
>
> index.html
>     Systems and Peripherals
>  Dedicated page for each system w/Jumper settings for system modules, etc.
>
>         VAX
>         MIPS
>         Alpha

	Probably want to add in PDP here :)

>     DEC branded Cards/Options    w/known specs / OS support
>
>         QBus
>         TC
>         PCI?
	  UNIBUS, BI/CI etc

	If we include alpha that would also expand into EISA, ISA, PCI,
	and others (I won't mention Turbolaser :)

>     Monitors
>
>         VRC
>         VRT
>
>     Any opionions/additions on this?

	Looks good - we had an initial list of DEC info at
		http://www.netbsd.org/Library/Hardware/Machines/DEC/
	of which only
		http://www.netbsd.org/Library/Hardware/Machines/DEC/vax/
	has any real information.

	I'd be more than willing to rework the perl script that generates
	the /vax/ tables from the datafiles if its any help. We can also
	probably host it on www.netbsd.org (and by extension all of the
	netbsd www mirrors) if that is any help!

		David/absolute