Subject: make release problems with mdec/boot
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/03/2000 12:03:24
I'm still struggling trying to build a pmax snapshot here.

Any thoughts on the following would be appreciated:

during make release:

	all ===> instkernel
	cp /usr/src/distrib/pmax/instkernel/../../../sys/arch/pmax/compile/RAMDISK/netbsd netbsd
	mdsetimage -v netbsd /usr/src/distrib/pmax/ramdisk/ramdisk.fs
	got symbols from netbsd
	mapped netbsd
	netbsd is an ELF32 binary
	_md_root_size is at offset 0x1122a0 in netbsd
	_md_root_size has value 0x300000
	_md_root_image is at offset 0x1122a4 in netbsd
	copying image from /usr/src/distrib/pmax/ramdisk/ramdisk.fs into netbsd
	done copying image
	exiting
	elf2ecoff netbsd netbsd.ecoff
	rm -f netbsd.ecoff.gz
	gzip -9 netbsd.ecoff
	rm -f netbsd.gz
	gzip -9 netbsd
	make: don't know how to make /gorge/pmax/live/usr/mdec/boot. Stop
	*** Error code 2

Out of curiosity, I tried make in sys/pmax/stand/boot.  This works cleanly, except
boot isn't built.  pmax-boot is, however.

That one is a boot stage though.  Is boot deprecated?   Or is there somewhere else
mdec/boot is generated from I should be investigating?

Thanks,
-skots
--
Scott G. Akmentins-Taylor     InterNet: staylor@mrynet.com