Subject: Re: DS5k/240 refuses to boot
To: Ulrich Teichert <ut@netsurf.de>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/29/1999 14:39:46
On Wed, Dec 29, 1999 at 08:58:55PM +0100, Ulrich Teichert wrote:

> I still can't netboot my DS5k/240 - the mopd 2.5.3 I found compiled
> flawlessly on my linux box, but doesn't get any connections, despite
> the fact that the bootpd runs fine. That rules out the network.

linux has some strange caveats with listening to MOP requests (and
multicast-style stuff in general.)  you might need to "ifconfig eth0
allmulti multicast" in order to get things to work, or maybe even
"ifconfig eth0 promisc"...

--
  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agrier@poofy.goof.com
  "Time Correct function allows automatically correcting slight variation