Subject: Re: DS5k/240 refuses to boot
To: Ulrich Teichert <ut@netsurf.de>
From: Wolfgang Rupp <rupp@chello.at>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/29/1999 21:55:30
Ulrich Teichert wrote:
> I still can't netboot my DS5k/240 - the mopd 2.5.3 I found compiled
> flawlessly on my linux box, but doesn't get any connections, despite
> the fact that the bootpd runs fine. That rules out the network.

Did you start mopd with the "-a" option to listen on all interfaces?
This solved the netbooting problems (for VAXen) for me. Take a look at
the "VAX Network Booting HOWTO", it explains the setup of a MOP server
for a VAX. And MOP is MOP, or am I wrong?
http://world.std.com/~bdc/projects/vaxen/VAX-netboot-HOWTO.html.

I have not tried to netboot my DECsystem 5500, since it's listed as
unsupported by NetBSD, anyway.

Wolfgang