Subject: pkg_add problem
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Senderowicz <daniel@synchrods.synchrods.COM>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/19/1999 11:01:05
Hi guys,

I have a 5000/240 running 1.4.1 with 9GB of almost free disk
space. I was trying to install a big package, that is laTeX that
has one part that is very large (> 30MB) and I keep getting a
message of segmentation fault. I never saw a similar problem
with other packages, so I suspect that could be something
related to the size of the package. I tried several times, in
the second attempt I got a message such as conflicting/overwrite
and after that I got always the same sequence (shown below), but
actually it seems that nothing has been really written on disk.
I checked the integrity of the .tgz file and is correct, at
least tar doesn't complain. Thanks in advance. Cheers,

Dan

bicho# pakg_add -v teTeX-share-1.0.tgz
Requested space: 128503552 bytes, free space: 7705856000 bytes in /usr/tmp/instmp.03220a
extract: Package name is teTeX-share-1.0
extract: CWD to /usr/pkg
extract: /usr/pkg/share/texmf/xdvi/XDvi
extract: /usr/pkg/share/texmf/web2c/cp8bit.tcx
extract: /usr/pkg/share/texmf/web2c/kam-t1.tcx
[...]
chop off many lines
[...]
extract: /usr/pkg/share/texmf/fonts/type1/bitstrea/charter/bchri8a.pfb
extract: /usr/pkg/share/texmf/fonts/type1/bitstrea/charter/bchr8a.pfb
Segmentation fault
bicho#