Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.4N/pmax not bootable on 5000/133
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/19/1999 12:04:49
>> There is a premitive error in the case analysis. || should be &&.
>
> I've just "cvs update"d, and still have a problem on my headless 3100.
> You haven't included "opt_dec_{3,5}100.h" in ibus_pmax.c, so the code in
> ibus_pmax_attach is never called!  I also needed to fix the prototypes
> of dec_3100_intr_establish() and dec_3100_intr_disestablish() [**].  I've
> just committed this now.

Doh, I will fix it.

Simon.

> [**] - Over time, I'd like to have no extern function declarations
>       in any .c files, only in .h files.  This will help make sure that
>       prototypes are always correct...  For the interupt functions,
>       would pmax/kn01.h, pmax/kn230.h, etc be the right place for
>       these declarations?

You have the point about prototype declarations.  I think it's not a
nice practice to C declarations (struct's, function prototypes, and
others) in kn01.h/kn230.h.  Such files, like as *reg.h, should be the
design and defition of the particular hardwares.  OS implementations
peculiar to specific approachs should go into *var.h.

I think they should have been declared inside ibusvar.h.

>> I will remove findcons.c in near future.
>
> I'll look at your changes for this soon!

I'm reducing interlocked dangleweeds in NetBSD/pmax hoping it would
ease adding new DECstation hardwares, 5400/5500/5800.  Basically it'd
be just ok to have dec_{5400,5500,5800}.c in pmax/ directory.  'ibus'
construtor can support 'Q22bus' and/or 'XMI' having "q22" or "xmi"
identification string in platform.iobus and preparing others so-so.

Tohru Nishimura