Subject: Re: DECstation 5000/200: PX support in -current?
To: Toru Nishimura , <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/18/1999 03:45:04
on 11/18/99 2:54 AM, Toru Nishimura at nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp wrote:

> Let me clearify TURBOchannel framebuffer option cards.
>
> CX PMAG-BA  * +
> MX PMAG-AA  * +
> PX  PMAG-[CDF] =
> TX PMAG-RO/JA  +
> HX PMAGB-BA * +
> PV PMAGC
> HX+ PMAGD   =
> (it seems there were 72Hz of TX as PMAGB-Jx)
>
> TC cards marked asterisks are supported by NetBSD/pmax.  PX is now
> supported and I think it can be compiled with recent GENERIC of
> -current.  TC cards marked plus sign are supported by MI WSCONS, and
> not available to NetBSD/pmax.  HX+ card is under development (in MI
> WSCONS context).
>
> Tohru Nishimura

    Thanks Toru,

        That at least sets me straight on the frame buffers! I guess my next
question would be if someone could compile a -current GENERIC kernel for
me/us. I'm running 1.4.1 on my 5000/200 now, aside from my HD hanging after
each reboot/shutdown everything seems to be ok. Thanks in advance

    Chris

--
    "I use to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure..."