Subject: Re: -current TLB panics on 3100?
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/09/1999 13:54:14
On Tue, 9 Nov 1999, Toru Nishimura wrote:

> >>Is anyone out there experiencing a similar trouble w/ MIPS1-only kernel
> >>these days?
> >
> >I've hard a time building anything on my DS5000/125. building libc always dies
> >with a tlb miss (i have 32mb).
>
> According to what people reported, MIPS1-only kernel may be stable
> enough to build kernels, but shows TLB miss panic when 'make install'
> on /usr/src or /usr/src/lib/libc.  One of my Japanese friend told me
> mdsetimage brought a similar panic.  TLB miss seems to occur
> long-living processes like xntpd, which implies something wrong
> happens on swapped-out (??) processes.

  My 5000/200 with my custom kernel fails very early during boot up (while
trying to run the mount command).  It's definately not a long-living
process in my case.  I guess I have a configuration that tickles this
particular bug very quickly.  At least that makes it much easier to
debug :-).

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant