Subject: Re: -current TLB panics on 3100?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org, port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/09/1999 17:08:59
>>> Actually, it was just MIPS1.  When I uncommented MIPS3 and rebuilt
>>> the kernel I was able to do several 'make install's in /usr/src without the
>>> machine panicking even once.  Seems to be working great!
>>
>>Aiyah.  I must have broken MIPS1-only configuration.  Earlier this year
>>I made changes in TLB handling which takes effects MIPS1-only kernel.
>>
>>Is anyone out there experiencing a similar trouble w/ MIPS1-only kernel
>>these days?
>
>I've hard a time building anything on my DS5000/125. building libc always dies
>with a tlb miss (i have 32mb).

According to what people reported, MIPS1-only kernel may be stable
enough to build kernels, but shows TLB miss panic when 'make install'
on /usr/src or /usr/src/lib/libc.  One of my Japanese friend told me
mdsetimage brought a similar panic.  TLB miss seems to occur
long-living processes like xntpd, which implies something wrong
happens on swapped-out (??) processes.

I suspend sfb.c/sfbplus.c effort, and take care of this issue.

Tohru Nishimura