Subject: Re: -current TLB panics on 3100?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org, port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/09/1999 16:15:11
>> Does your kernel have 'MIPS1' only configuration?  Do you have any
>> differences with kernel w/ 'MIPS1' and 'MIPS3' for your DS3100?
>
> Tohru,
>        Actually, it was just MIPS1.  When I uncommented MIPS3 and rebuilt
> the kernel I was able to do several 'make install's in /usr/src without the
> machine panicking even once.  Seems to be working great!

Aiyah.  I must have broken MIPS1-only configuration.  Earlier this year
I made changes in TLB handling which takes effects MIPS1-only kernel.
I got another panic report about MIPS1 TLB miss, so this issue
definitely needs to be solved before 1.5.   It's strange since my
MIPS1-only kernel made no TLB miss for long time since then.

Is anyone out there experiencing a similar trouble w/ MIPS1-only kernel
these days?

>        At least that might help to narrow down what's going wrong, right??

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

> for R4000/R4400 CPUs I figured it wasn't necessary for my 3100.

Should not, but 'options MIPS3' seems necessary at least for DS3100 this
moment.

Tohru Nishimura