Subject: Re: -current TLB panics on 3100?
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: William O Ferry <woferry@iname.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/08/1999 21:38:05
> It's weird.  'pm_segtab' entry should never be NULL except for kernel map.
>
> Does your kernel have 'MIPS1' only configuration?  Do you have any
> differences with kernel w/ 'MIPS1' and 'MIPS3' for your DS3100?

Tohru,
	Actually, it was just MIPS1.  When I uncommented MIPS3 and rebuilt
the kernel I was able to do several 'make install's in /usr/src without the
machine panicking even once.  Seems to be working great!

	At least that might help to narrow down what's going wrong, right??
Or should I have never disabled MIPS3?  Since the comment implied that it was
for R4000/R4400 CPUs I figured it wasn't necessary for my 3100.

	Thanks a bunch.
						Will