Subject: Re: DEC LAN Bridge 200 Info/Software/Manuals/Config?
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/02/1999 23:25:59
> At 07:06 PM 11/2/99 , Chris Tribo wrote:
>>     I know this isn't the right place to be asking about it but I can't sem
>>to find any information other than the fact that there is something called
>>ELMS for Ultrix that administrates this bridge. I searched both Compaq and
>>Digital's web site for about an hour and didn't find one shred of
>>information other than the fact that it is Y2K compliant. I'm trying to use
>>if to go from BNC 10Base2 on my 5000/200 to 10BaseT on the rest of my
>>network. So far I can't seem to get anything in or out of the DECstation,
>>the BNC activity light comes on when the bridge wakes up from no activity
>>for about five seconds then doesn't come on again. Any ideas where I can
>>find info/manuals/software/source code/anything? Thanks in advance
>
> did you look at cabletron?  I'd be surprised if it was setup to block ip.

    Nope nothing there. I looked on both Digital and Compaq networking sites
under Ethernet Bridge and it is no where to be found. On the back it has two
MAC addresses, an 8 position sip switch block and recessed into the corner
is a three pin plug with nothing connected to it. I can't find anything
close to it...

    Chris