Subject: -current help
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Terry R. Friedrichsen <terry@venus.sunquest.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/02/1999 09:50:00
I'm just about one or two clues short of a dime mystery novel here, so I'd
appreciate it if somebody could help me out.

I've been working on getting a DS5000/200 up to NetBSD-current.  It's running
1.4.1 now, and I grabbed the NetBSD-current source .tar.gz sets and exploded
them onto a disk, making /usr/src be a symbolic link to the appropriate place.

I then "cd /usr/src/sys/arch/pmax/conf" and "config GENERIC", just to get
things started.

That wins me "../../../../conf/files:426: syntax error".  Said broken line
426 is "defpseudo vnd: disk" in /usr/src/sys/conf/files

The config I'm using is the one in the 1.4.1 binary tarballs, dated July
15 16:10.  On the off chance I needed to be using the one in NetBSD-current,
I built it from the source, but I get the same error.

Can somebody spot from this what idiot thing I'm doing wrong?  Or point me
at a document I should have read but didn't?

AdTHANKSvance.

Terry R. Friedrichsen

terry@venus.sunquest.com