Subject: Re: kernel info
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Ji Bae <jhb8@cornell.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/02/1999 01:28:14
At 10:30 AM 11/2/1999 +1100, you wrote:
>About the best doco we have is in /sys/arch/pmax/stand and
>/sys/arch/pmax/include/dec_*.  I'm almost finished redoing
>the bootblocks (again!), and I'm hoping to update and write
>a few manpages when I get the code side of things finished.
>
>If you've got specific questions, just ask on the list.
>
>Simon.

Ok, here's a first question to throw out.  I'm (trying) to run a NetBSD
kernel on a MIPS R3000 based simulator.  At a certain point, it seems that
the kernel jumps to a particular memory location and then just loops
infinitely.  Examining the simulator PC and the kernel's assembly code, it
appears to be repeatedly executing this particular line of code:

80118388:       080460e2        j       80118388 <prom_halt+0x8c>

So my question is: what is it doing?  Is it waiting for an interrupt?

Ji Bae@Cornell University
jhb8@cornell.edu
Computer Systems Lab -- http://www.csl.cornell.edu
http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/jhb8