Subject: RE: RE: YP HELP
To: port-pmax@netbsd.org <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Rewis <markrewis@home.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/01/1999 19:06:48
Just on the off chance that something was screwed up with the
nsswitch.conf
I changed it FROM:

group:          compat
group_compat:   nis
hosts:          dns files
netgroup:       files [notfound=return] nis
networks:       files
passwd:         compat
passwd_compat:  nis

TO:

group:          nis
hosts:          nis
netgroup:       files [notfound=return] nis
networks:       files
passwd:         nis

Everything works like a charm now!!!

I pretty much figure this is an indication of my general ignorance (
apart from the man pages )about the nsswitch.conf file.

THANX for all the help everybody.

rewis