Subject: Re: Huh?
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@isc.org>
From: wb2oyc <wb2oyc@bellatlantic.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/04/1999 19:51:35

>Yup.   Basically, you're seeing ugly internal data structures
>reflected in the user interface, which is non-ideal, but nonetheless
>common enough that most of us fail to get indignant about it
>anymore... :')

Ted,

I gotta come clean, and tell you why I asked that question, and in
doing so, you'll see how this could get a person in trouble.... :)

I did precisely that!  But, not those same mountpoints...it was /usr
and /usr/pkg...why the hell did I, or would anyone try to do that?

Well,,,,a really small disk...and sysinst wouldn't, or I couldn't
make it (most likely) adjust the sizes of the /, /usr...when I 1st
installed...it wanted to force me to use what the Ultrix lable had
established I think...anyway, I wanted to make /usr as big as possible
knowing thats where I'd get in trouble, but I couldn't make it happen.

So, I put /X11R6 on a zip disk!  Really!  Because with what was there
it would never fit...and as it turned out, my first two attempts to
install blew up in my face because they both ran out of disk space...
on /usr...even with X11R6 on the zip...

Now, that had nothing to do with nfs, but it does illustrate how this
conundrum could bite a guy in the bunns!  'specially if he happened to
see that example in the man page...

:)
Paul