Subject: Re: Bootable CDs
To: Mauricio Tavares <Mauricio@proedint.com>
From: Philip Tait <Philip.Tait@phxase.allied.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/17/1999 10:13:02
Mauricio Tavares wrote:

> At 08:34 AM 9/17/99 -0700, Philip Tait  wrote:
> >So are you saying that if I gunzip diskimage.gz, and burn it onto a CD-R
> >(somehow), it should be bootable if loaded in (say) an RRD42?
> >
>         But, if that is the case, wouldn't we still need a CD burning software (I
> am thinking here people would be using PCs and Macs to burn the CDs, since
> those platforms are more commonly found) that can burn a CD in the proper
> (High Sierra?  ISO 9660 with what extensions?) format?

Actually, that does not seem to be a problem - see
http://www.netbsd.org/Sites/cdroms.html#bob_nestor

Bob says he is willing to burn bootable NetBSD/pmax CDs, if the NetBSD/pmax
community will tell him how to produce the image.  I think it would be a step
forward for NetBSD/pmax, and that we should take him up on the offer.  All we need
is for one of the gurus to tell us how to make the CD diskimage.

--

Philip J. Tait.....AlliedSignal Engines, Phoenix, Az.....pjt@phxase.allied.com