Subject: Re: Migrating MI-SCSI-Code to pmax/PI-SCSI?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/13/1999 09:58:31
>> (Hey, Jason,  your TCDS driver makes panics on DECstation!)
>
> Michael Hitch has been working on the TCDS code a bit; I think he has
> the TCDS problems on the 3000/700 worked out... and this may actually
> fix the problems on the DECstation... (well, I don't know what the
> DECstation problems are, but if they're timing related, this might help :-)

NCR53C94-2 TCDS (used in high end DEC3000) has been suffered from
timing parameter related trasnfer problems for long time.

I'm experiencing panics at bus_dmamap_load() inside tcds_dma_setup()
when used with DECstation.  I remembered that once the driver was
usable enough to run iozone, however recently disklabel(8) immediately
blows away kernel all the time.

Tohru Nishimura