Subject: Re: Migrating MI-SCSI-Code to pmax/PI-SCSI?
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/05/1999 01:39:50
Jonathan Stone wrote:

> the folklore on the SII ist that the chip has some corner-cases
> and/or outright bugs that are not described in the documetnation.
> The CSRG folks and rick and ralphc learnt to bavoid them.
> A from-scratch driver would have to climb the same learning curve,
> with the risk of curdling filfesystems during the climb. Ick....

  I remember fighting with the 4.3 Reno PMAX SCSI stuff back in 1991, trying
to get tape support working.  It was my first exposure to SCSI, my first
exposure to kernel work (other than fixing a small bug in the console TTY
handling), and I was using a questionable TK50Z for testing.  I didn't get
very far...

--
David Evans          (NeXTMail/MIME OK)             dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Computer/Synth Junkie                      http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/