Subject: Re: Migrating MI-SCSI-Code to pmax/PI-SCSI?
To: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/03/1999 22:24:41
On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Simon Burge wrote:

> Christos Zoulas wrote:
>
> > In article <Pine.NEB.4.10.9909030106470.21880-100000@pulse.flatline.de>,
> > Andreas Kotes <count@flatline.de> wrote:
> > >
> > >Hi!
> > >
> > >any hints how to migrate MI-SCSI-Code to pmax/PI-SCSI (am I right with
> > >that?) ? I'd still need a bad block scanner & remapper badly and would
> > >port it myself, but any hints are greatly appreciated.
> > >

> > That would be great. Just look at other ports and copy the code :-)
> > The problem is that the drivers need to be fixed too.
>
> My current understanding is that the asc driver works (or mostly works), but no
> work has been done on the sii driver.  Toru, Michael?

  I believe this is the case.

  The version of the asc driver I have seems to work quite well under
normal use, but refuses to work when doing the polled I/O during a dump.
The write operations done by dump do not complete and each one times out.
I've never waited long enough to see if the dump eventually gets through
timing out on all the write operations and "finishes".  [I would think if
the first write times out, it should return an error and terminate the
dump.  I need to look at that if I ever get back to working on the
driver.]

  The only SII machine I have set up at the momemnt is at work, and I just
haven't had the spare time to be able to work on there.

Michael

---
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant