Subject: Re: NetBSD and Audio-CD - How?
To: Bernhard H. Buckel <buckel@wmad95.mathematik.uni-wuerzburg.de>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 09/01/1999 15:33:45
On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Bernhard H. Buckel wrote:

> I'm struggling for a few days now with my Panasonic CR-506 in order to
> make it play audio-CD's... So far, no go :( AFAIK this beast _is_
> SCSI-2 compliant, so I am assuming that it should be usable with xmcd
> or xcdplayer. It gets probed correctly by the kernel but I'm unable to
> get xmcd or xcdplayer (contained in the pmax-packages collection) to
> work with it... <SIGH>
>
> Any hints/insights are greatly appreciated!

  My guess is any program trying to use the standard machine-independent
SCSI operations to control SCSI devices will not currently work on the
pmax port.  You would either have to modify the programs to use the
ioctls available on the pmax, or modify the pmax drivers to accept the
standard ioctls.

Michael

---
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu