Subject: Problems due to PMAG-C support with PMAGB-BA in 1.4B
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/05/1999 16:59:27
I'm syncing a machine up to -current via the 1.4B source I had on
it, and ran into a couple of unexpected problems.

1.  The default rcons font  is unreadable on my sfb.
    It's really, really hard to distinguish '8' and '0', or '~' and '"'.
    (this made it really hard to fix up my STRIP config).
    I would much sooner switch back to the old Hershey(?) font,
    which is incidentally a much closer match to the PROM fonts.
    Would this break anything? How bad does the old font look
    on the PMAG-C and friends?

2.  Help! I can no  longer input an  ascii NUL.
    Ctrl-space or Cntrl-shift-2 do nothing. How is emacs
    supposed to do set-mark-command when  editing config files
    to make the machine usable? :-).

I dont want to gratuitously make things worse for the PMAG-C or
make  rcons diverge from wscons. But I'd really like to see these
(and the reboot-on-CTRL-ALT-Backspace braindamage) fixed.

or is there a majority in favour of the current status?