Subject: Re: Got 5000/200 Woo hoo!
To: Simon Burge <simonb@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/04/1999 19:57:42
Simon Burge wrote:

> NetBSD/pmax 1.4 had problems with the 5000/200 SCSI controller -
> you may want to wait for 1.4.1 to come out, or use the snapshot in
> pub/NetBSD/arch/pmax/snapshot/1.4.1.

  I have 1.4 sitting around here so I'm trying an install of it now.  It seems
to be going fairly well at the moment but I'll let folks know if it dies.
  I'll nove it to 1.4.1 shortly.

> As far as graphics, I guess you could use the 3100 as a diskless X
> terminal, and hide the 5000/200 (plus disks) away in a corner somewhere.
> This is the exact setup I had a home (except I had a /240) for a couple
> of years.

  I may do that--I'll see.  I'd likely stick a small disk in the 3100 to
allow it to page and stuff, though.

--
David Evans          (NeXTMail/MIME OK)             dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Computer/Synth Junkie                      http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/