Subject: Re: 1.4 problems with kernel config and pmap_set
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@texas.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 08/03/1999 22:45:13
On Tue, Aug 03, 1999 at 07:42:14PM -0700, Jonathan Stone wrote:
> >Are you running portmap?
> >If not, comment out the rpc services in inetd.conf and restart inetd.

Brain fart. I'd turned off portmap on both systems, commented the RPC stuff
(as well as everything else but telnet and ftp) out of inetd.conf on one
system, but forgot to do it to the other; I'd seen the problem on the first,
and assumed that it was the same there when in fact it wasn't. Commenting
everything out did indeed fix the problem.

> i agree the message from inetd could be better, but the root cause may
> still be console weirdness.

There may be a console interaction, but I can't reproduce it. It was
probably just me being impatient with the system...after all, it *does* boot
quickly...