Subject: Re: Off Topic???
To: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/24/1999 11:55:14
On Thu, Jul 22, 1999 at 12:21:55PM +1000, Simon Burge wrote:

> DEC sells a part that converts from RGB to VGA - we use them here
> because Sun 21" VGA monitors are cheaper then DEC 20" RGB monitors :-)
> The part number is 29-32549-01, and you can get them for about $40
> here in Australia.

AUD$40 ~= USD$25...  That actually sounds rather reasonable.  Does DEC
provide schematics for these boxes?  Do they actually pull the sync
signals off the green line and provide them on separate horizontal and
vertical lines on VGA connector, or do they just do the connector
conversion, requiring a monitor which understands sync-on-green?

----
  Aaron J. Grier  | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agrier@poofy.goof.com
    "[...] of all the port lists to grumble to about slow CPU speeds and
     other resource limitations, I'd imagine that port-vax is not a very
     good choice :-)"  --  Brian D. Chase