Subject: RE: small progress with emacs and X on 1.4
To: None <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@msu.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/21/1999 14:07:43
Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU> writes:
> Re-building a few emacs source files with cc -g3 shows that the
> coredump is happening when emacs tries to create a widget for its menu
> bar from x_fns.c, which calls XtCreateWidget() which then calls
> _XtCreateWidget, which dies inside another Xt widget-initialization
> function. The address gdb claims is the faulting address is somewhere
> inside the .dynstr or .hash section of the undumped binary.
>
> That sounds familiar. I wonder if this could be a recurrence of
> another old bug with the mips-elf relocation.  Michael, does that ring
> any bells to you (or anyone else)?

  No bells at the moment - the main problem I remember resulted in an
unrelocated shared library address that outside the current address space
of the process.
---
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant,  Information Technology Center
Montana State University, Bozeman, MT     USA