Subject: Re: seti@home on pmax
To: None <apriebe@aip.de>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 07/11/1999 10:07:05
On Sun, 11 Jul 1999 apr@spade.apc.aip.de wrote:

> anybody running seti@home on a DS5000?

  I am now :-)

> Can I simply run the mips/Ultrix4.3 image using compatibility or
> is there a special pmax executable?

  There is not a NetBSD native executable image that I am aware of.

  The Ultrix executable normally should be usable - but a but exists in
the Ultrix emulation of the fcntl() syscall [actually, the emulation code
uses the NetBSD syscall directly, but it's not completely compatible with
Ultrix for the locking functions].

  I've learned a bit more about the Ultrix compatibility code, and have
been able to fix my system to run the Ultrix setiathome image.  I can
provide the diffs to anyone who wants to fix their kernel.

Michael

---
Michael L. Hitch			osymh@montana.edu
Computer Consultant