Subject: Re: CVS commit: syssrc
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/09/1999 00:20:56
>Someday we'd have to clarify things between locore.h, machdep.h and
>promvar.h.

When I created locore.h, it was to hold the prototyped declarations of
assembly-coded, mips-specific functions in locore.S and the mips
arch-level specific files.  the mips version is intended to be used on
all mips ports, with any port-specficid declarations in the
port-specific locore.h.

IMHO, promvar.h should hold declarations for pmax prom callbacks and
associated foo. I dont recall what machdep.h is supposed to hold.

I once had notes for what all the (then-defined) per-port kernel
headers were, and what they should declare, but they're hopelessly out
of date.