Subject: Re: Problems booting a DECstation 5000/125 from HDD
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Andreas Kotes <count@linux.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/03/1999 21:15:18
Hi!

On Sat, 3 Jul 1999, Andy Doran wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Andreas Kotes wrote:
>
> > now I got one of the beasts up and running, and installed to harddisk via
> > network. Now it doesn't boot from disk :(
> >
> > when I say 'boot 3/rz2a/netbsd' it says '?DEV: 3/rz2a', when I say 'boot
> > 5/rz2a/netbsd' it directly gives me the prompt again ..
>
> Use '3/rz2/netbsd' instead of '3/rz2a/netbsd' and it should boot. Use '-a'
> (autoboot) if you want to go multiuser.

This did it, thanks, Andy! :) Again, something for the FAQ, I think...

   the Count

btw, anyone willing to sell 8 MB SIMMs (MS01-CA or KTV5000/16) or a
PMAF-F? I would have some use, and the lowest price I found for a pair of
3rd party MS01-CAs was $75 a pair :(

--
-= Andreas Kotes - mailto:count@linux.de - Consulting & Development =-
-= Micro$oft has a Year 2000 problem. I am part of it. I use Linux. =-