Subject: Problems booting a DECstation 5000/125 from HDD
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Andreas Kotes <count@linux.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/03/1999 21:00:49
Hi!

now I got one of the beasts up and running, and installed to harddisk via
network. Now it doesn't boot from disk :(

when I say 'boot 3/rz2a/netbsd' it says '?DEV: 3/rz2a', when I say 'boot
5/rz2a/netbsd' it directly gives me the prompt again ..

I checked the termination and can use the harddisk when fetching the
kernel via tftp, I suspect the correct bootblock(s) being on disk (as the
disklabels were written during installation)

I'm stuck. Any hints?

   the Count

--
-= Andreas Kotes - mailto:count@linux.de - Consulting & Development =-
-= Micro$oft has a Year 2000 problem. I am part of it. I use Linux. =-