Subject: Re: X for PMAG-CA?
To: Andy Doran <ad@psn.ie>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/28/1999 16:12:43
Andy Doran writes:

>No, it's not part of 1.4. 1.4 doesn't support the PMAG-CA. More on this in
>a few days.

Which is a good point to congratulate Andy for the sterling effort
he's put into supporting these undocumented cards and improving
graphics-console perforance in general. Thanks, Andy!

At one point Andy and I kicked around the idea of including a PMAG-C
patchkit (for 1.4) with the 1.4 distribution. I guess that's what
we'll hear about in a few dayhs.

I'd be happy to even include binary kernels in misc/, for those who
have PMAG-Cs and who want to install NetBSD (since to build patches
you'd have to install in the first place, which means monkeying around
with hardware or finding a serial terminal).  The patches would be
clearly and unmistakably marked as UNSUPPORTED software, though.
(They depend on rather extensive retructuring of the rcons blitting
code, and those missed the 1.4 cutoff deadline).