Subject: Re: CVS commit: src
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/26/1999 15:24:09
Andy said;

> This sucks. The i860 needs to be enabled, since STIC interrupts get routed
> through it. To support the i860 properly, we need a TLB manager and the
> right ucode for the damn thing.

Special TLB management framework will be required ultimately to
support the variety of devices found in Alpha/DECstations (think about
R4000 and Alpha TLB)

> Save wscons and the Xserver, this is far as the px driver goes
> feature-wise, I think. The limit of non-documentation has been reached :(.
> On the bright side, console output works for me with a PXG+ now.

Your recent efforts for PX/PXG support is far excellent than people
once expected with them, I think the current features are very
acceptable for now.  Good job, Andy.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology