Subject: New 1.4_BETA snapshot available
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/21/1999 23:31:02
Hi folks,

Yet another snapshot is available on ftp.netbsd.org, in the
/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.4_BETA/pmax directory.  If any people
who have been having problems could try it out...

Matthew Hudson wrote:

> I select yes OR no when it asks if I want to continue right
> before it should disklabel the drive and it returns me to
> the 'Welcome to sysinst.' screen.

This was a bug in one of the routines called after that menu was
displayed.  I've fixed this in the above snapshot.

and Bob Lantz wrote:

> I tried booting the 3/13 snapshot ramdisk kernel, and it started up,
> but then the upgrade failed on the fsck:
>
> /sbin/fsck_ffs -f /dev/rrz4a (code 1)
>
> After I quit sysinst, I tried the exact same command, and it worked
> fine. But sysinst can't seem to run it, and quits.
> Hmm, what is going on????

The same snapshot above seems to be able to start an upgrade.  Can you
please try that one?

Simon.