Subject: X11R6 Xserver snapshot ready
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/19/1999 10:41:19
Folks,

Thanks to the work done by Andy Doran, I've rebuilt the X sets with the
new X11R6 X server.  It's in the 1.4_ALPHA area on on ftp.netbsd.org.

One thing to watch is that the X server is now called "Xpmax", and this
X server should work on both mono and color displays.  I haven't got
word yet on whether this supports the PMAGC and other accelerted cards.
You'll need to update the X symlink in /usr/X11R6/bin, or you xinit/xdm
config files.  I also understand that this X server should also be able
to read the compressed fonts and shouldn't need the font server.

A word of warning - I don't have any pmax machines with graphics cards
at the moment, so I haven't tested the X server.  Please let the list
know of any successes or failures.

Simon.