Subject: None
To: None <port-pmax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/18/1999 02:23:04
Hi folks,

I'm going over the install notes, and coming up with a list of major
pmax-only changes since 1.3.  I've got the following - can anyone
think of any more?

        This is the fourth public release of NetBSD for the DECstation
        and DECsystem family of computers.

        Some pmax-specific changes from the 1.3 release include:

	 + a.out kernels are no longer used.  ELF is the preferred
	   format for kernels loaded off disk, and ECOFF kernels are
	   still required for netbooting.  a.out kernels will still
	   boot.

	 + Better support for SFB graphics cards running at different
	   resolutions.

	 + scc serial driver will work up to 115.2k bps on some systems.

	 + Crash dumps now work.

	 + New two-stage disk bootblocks that can load a.out, ECOFF
	   and ELF kernels.

Simon.