Subject: Toolchain problems
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/17/1999 19:57:31
I have two problems with the toolchain and 1.4_ALPHA

1. I get some warnings

      Warning: No .cprestore pseudo-op used in PIC code

   when I compile the libraries (for example in the file
   src/lib/libc/arch/mips/gen/isinf.S) Is this a cause for
   consern, or just gas beeing stupid?

2. ld dies with a segmentation fault when I link 'strings'.
   I have tried it both with a system built from 8 Apr source
   and the binary snapshot, with the same result... But everything
   else links just fine...

   Have anyone seen something similar (or have any idea how I may
   have screwed up my toolchain to get this problem)?

   /Krister