Subject: Re: X11R6 server for pmax available
To: Andy Doran <ad@psn.ie>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/13/1999 23:02:45
On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Andy Doran wrote:

> I've put up an X11R6 server (Xpmax) on ftp.netbsd.org that will with any
> luck, eventually replace our R5 offering. This should work for all the
> framebuffers that we support. I think I've done the right thing re the
> TURBOchannel mfb, but we shall see. It's statically compiled, so it'll
> work with older NetBSD/pmax releases.

  Well, this *almost* works on my 5000/25 with an sfb card, and with the
compressed fonts even!

  The only part so far that doesn't work is that the right shift key on
the LK501 doesn't work.

  Did you pull in the keyboard handling from the old R5 code?  The R5
server didn't know anything about the LK401/LK501 right shift key.  I had
to fix that a while ago.  I thought when I looked at the X11R6 code, it
was handling the right shift key.

Michael