Subject: Re: installing 1.4_ALPHA via ftp
To: Matthew Hudson <mhudson@home.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/07/1999 21:01:28
Matthew Hudson wrote:

> This is a known problem. Uhm. Currently being sent to
> the proper authorities. I personally think they should
> just drop the 'ftp:// and use ftp.netbsd.org. (looks
> like a cut and paste accident to me).

I've fixed the problem, but ftp.netbsd.org is down at the moment.  For
now, take at look at:

	ftp.au.netbsd.org:/pub/simonb/NetBSD

I'll remove those as soon as ftp.netbsd.org comes online (modulo
sleep :-).

As far as the problem itself - the single quotes around the ftp URL
shouldn't be there.  For NetBSD's ftp client, the ftp:// type URLs are
perfectly valid.

> > Seems to be unhappy:

> >     Command: /usr/bin/ftp -a 'ftp://ftp.netbsd.org//pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.4_ALPHA/
>
> just noticed the second goof up here                ^^ should only be /

This doesn't actually cause a problem in practice.  The fix is
relatively simple (if the pathname component starts with a `/',
then skip it), but I haven't got a chance to do it yet.  Please
send a PR!

Simon.