Subject: Re: New 1.4 ALPHA ramdisk and generic kernels available.
To: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/06/1999 11:26:46
In message <199904060458.OAA10993@balrog.supp.cpr.itg.telecom.com.au>
Simon Burg e writes:

>Folks,
>
>Time has gotten away from me today, so I haven't tested these as much as
>I like, but I'm sure there's some people out there who want to help (hi
>Matt!).

Great. Thanks, Simon!

We still need to produce a separate INSTALL kernel (< 1meg) and a
diskimage.tgz (a tarball containing the same stuff as the
ramdisk/diskimage.gz), to support network install on PROMs that cant
download the entire ramdisk kernel.

Best way to do that is to add a line to the list of sh commands in the
Makefile that builds the ramdisk.fs, to do the tarring before the vnd
is unmounted.  (ideally it'd be a Make macro so that we can merge the
build-a-ramdisk-image Makefiles into an mi script, someday).