Subject: Re: logos
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 04/03/1999 16:49:50
Ok.  There must be the myriad of preferences.  Here is my thought.

> Got a bit bored so I threw together a couple of `concept logos` for the
> NetBSD/pmax homepage.

I prefer having 'DECstation' identity because lower lettered 'pmax' is
somehow geek/techy.  My Personal DECstation has a badge on front,

	|d|i|g|i|t|a|l|  DECstation 5000/25

above it is script-lettered "Personal" w/ tropical blue/green color.
I liked it.  To preserve the 'authentity' I once toyed the idea to
have a 'enbossed' image with a piece of paper and a pencil, then to
process it digitally.  Undernearth a title 'NetBSD/pmax',

	|d|i|g|i|t|a|l|  DECstation

looks not so bad, I think.  Anyway the image Andy made is attractive
and refined one could be place at (every) bottom of NetBSD/pmax pages.
Just my $0.02-

Tohru Nishimura